Wednesday, July 16, 2008

new job

I can't believe it's the 16th already. So much has been going on this past week. I applied for a job at the casino at the end of May and low and behold last week they called and I interviewed and then on Monday they offered me a full time position in the main bank. I now I have to fill out the forms from HELL to get my gaming license. But I am very happy and looking forward to the new challenges. I will miss the people I work with at the Foot Care Centers, but the new job will only be 10 minutes from home instead of 40-45minutes. It has been a very tough decision to make and not one that I did lightly. I wish My friend Sandy was still at work so that I could have talked to her about it and plus she always has a hug and good advice.
Dr. Boyuka was great about helping weigh the pros and cons, she's on vacation this week and I hope she is having a great time.

Well on to the kids. Courtney is down at Penn College taking her smart girls cources. This is her last year to do it and then she moves over to Lycoming College for Business week classes the next 3 years. I have talked to her and she has made some really great friendships the last couple of years with this program and it has really helped her to evaluate what she needs for college. Poor Court will just get back and then have to go right to band camp for a week. She got elected to be her section leader and she kept her librarian position.

Christopher is still lifting weights and going to football practice. I was finally able to find him cleats and now practice goes a lot easier for him. He and Chris are still bowling on Mondays and are doing pretty good.

Big Chris is working overtime alot now that there are only 5 mechanics at the hanger. And we are waiting to hear about when he has to go to Brazil next February. we asked the company to get us some language tapes so that he will be able to understand what is being said to him.

Well on the weight loss front I have finally hit 300 YES!!! now I am aiming for my next 5 pounds, and then I will be able to say I weigh under 300!!!!!

Keep the faith
Lisa

No comments: