Well I have taken a page from my sister in law and I am going back to school via the internet. I am doing medical billing and coding. I have wanted to do this for a long time. It will be something that I can do from home and be able to take with me when we move to NC in 5-6 years.
The kids start school tomorrow and are excited and nervous. Courtney is a junior and has 2 college ace courses that if she does well in them Penn State will accept them. she is taking chemistry and computer apps. she shouldn't have any trouble with these. the biggest thing for me is that she needs a calculator that cost about 170 bucks.
Christopher is going into 8th grade and is nervous about a couple of his teachers. He heard rumors that were not good, we told him to wait and make his own opinions, he may get along with them. He has just finished bowling with his dad and then in 2 weeks will start his own league for fall bowling. I am so proud of how well he does. at his banquet he won a $50 gift certificate to the pro shop so he thinks he will put that towards getting a second bowling ball.
As a going back to school gift Bubba bought a guinea pig. her name is Crystal. I have this rule that all names in this house have to start with a "C" I just think it's cool. (I know I am strange)
but Crystal is very gentle and I think we are going to like having her around.
Bubba is doing well with his assistant coaching. I ran into his head coach and he really likes having him around. From a mom's stand point that is a great complament...
I am waiting to hear if I got my old job back at the Foot Care Center... I really enjoyed working there and would not have left had they given me full-time. It's been a year and 4 months and I was approached by them to come back. I just hope that they can meet my terms. It would be so nice to be working in my perfession again. I just hope that I am not stepping on toes coming back. so say a prayer and let's hope that things work out.
My best friend Christine's daughter is getting married and I can't make the wedding because the casino would not give me the day off, because I am low man on totem pole. and it's a race day and a holiday weekend. Oh Happy Joy(sarcasm) It really makes me mad that I am going to miss this special occasion.
I like the people I work with but I want to be around when my kids need me, and I can't do that working until 3-4 o'clock in the am. and weekends all the time. plus the stress at the casino is horrible. Last night on of the cashiers just walked out and quit. they have never replaced the banker that quit in July and everyone seems to get their vacation but me. I have had to cancel so many doctor appointment because my job schedule does not fit with my Dr's and I am out of pain pills and need more. The good thing if I get my old job back is that I will be able to be with the kids for their activities which I have been missing for the last year and half. I never realized how much more they would need me as teenagers, more so than when they were little.
Chris might be going back to the weekend night shift, which would be classic if I get a day job. for all of our years of marriage we have never worked the same shift to be off at the same time. Maybe when we retire we will get to see each other for more than an hour in passing.
well night to all and god bless
Monday, August 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment